Utilities Cable Television and Internet - Mediacom Hughes Net www.hughesnetinternet.net
Gas and Electricity - Mid American Energy
Phone System - GTE, Frontier and AT&T
Water & Sewer - Village of Hampton
Home Security - Heartland Fire & Security also ADT Home Security
Garbage, Recycling and Yard Waste Service:
- Recycling bins are available at the Village Hall.
- In general, recyclables do not have to be sorted. Sorting is done at the landfill. Glass,plastic, aluminum and other metal cans can all be placed in your recycling bin. Only paper cannot be combined with other recyclables.
- Newspaper - Place newspaper inside a brown paper grocery bag and set the bag on top of your recycling container.
- Plastic - The only plastic accepted for recycling is plastic containers. If you look at the bottom of plastic containers you will see a recycling logo that has a number inside and a letter below. Currently, we are only accepting plastic containers labeled #1 PETE and #2 HDPE. Rinse containers and throw the lids away. Crush plastic containers the best you can to reduce their volume in your bin.
- Glass Bottles and Jars - Only clear, brown or green glass that contained a food or beverage can be recycled. You may leave the labels on glass containers, but rinse them thoroughly and throw away the lids. For the safety of the collection crews and sorters, broken glass will not be accepted.
- Tin and Aluminum Cans - To recycle aluminum and steel cans, clean them thoroughly. Aluminum foil and pie pans are also acceptable. Just make sure all are clean and free of food before you put them in your bin.
- Cardboard - Corrugated cardboard must be flattened and bundled in 2' X 2' bundles.
Residential Waste Limits:
- Each residence will be allowed five (5) 33 gallon cans or equivalent of residential waste. Additional bags or cans will require a waste sticker to be attached. Additional bags or cans of residential waste that do not have a sticker attached WILL NOT BE PICKED UP! Stickers are $1.00 each and are available at the Village Hall, Porter's Village Rx, South Hampton Service or Quinn Hardware. Conrad Disposal will pick-up one large outsized item (i.e. mattress, couch, etc.) free of charge on the last pick-up day of the month.
- Residential waste and recycling pickup day is every Wednesday.
- Yard waste must be placed in paper bags, available at most hardware stores, and must have a yard waste sticker on the bag. Stickers are $2.00 each and available at the Village Hall, Porter's Village Rx, Quinn Hardware or South Hampton Service. Yard Waste that does not have a sticker attached WILL NOT BE PICKED UP! Yard Waste is picked up on Mondays, April through November.
Appliances / White Goods:
- Appliances and white goods cannot be taken to the landfill. They are picked up free by calling 1 (877) 934-5378
Electronic or E Goods:
- Certain electronic devices cannot be placed in the landfill and will not be picked up with residential waste. Rock Island County residents can drop off their electronics waste at the Waste Commission of Scott County Electronic Demanufacturing Facility at no cost. The facility, located at 1048 E. 59th Street, Davenport, is open from 7:30 am to 3:30 p.m. Monday through Friday. Items that will be accepted are those with a circuit board or a cathode ray tube, which is found in older computer monitors and older televisions. Computers, stereos, fax and copy machines, cell phones and scanners are also acceptable items. For more information, call (563) 386-9575.
If you have any questions, PLEASE call the Village Hall at (309) 755-7165.